Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lost Item.

Ok, so my course had this Cultural Day thingy about three weeks ago. And im one of the dancers for a Sarawakian dance which required me to wear a Sarawakian traditional costume. Theres a lot of accecories and ornaments that are put around the costume and omg the horror i went through wearing the thing. I wanted to wear an Org Ulu costume but they gave me Iban instead.
Im starting to regret my decision of joining in the first place.
One of the accesorries i was supposed to use were these huge (weird) rings that are called buah pauh. The costume was nice and everything but the rings were unusable. so i decided to put them in my bag (or so i thought so).
I even hid them under an extra shirt i brought for obvious reasons but when i came back to my room there weren't there.
So until now i cant find those damn things and the owner is distressed about it because the things were handed down from generations to generations. i didnt really think it was THIS serious at first because first of all, the thing looks old (well,duh) and those are just ill-looking rings (no offence) but when Nyna told me how distressed she was and how they are meaningful to her i cant think straight. 
I know i should apologize to her personally. Nyna told me that its better if i told her face to face because she hasn't even told her parents yet about this... and im like WTH? how serious can she be about this. but im not in her shoes so i dont really know how valuable there are to her. so i cant really blindly say anything.
I just hope i can find them because its stressing the owner and me even more cz the pressure is on me. i just hate this position its very depressing.
Im never borrowing ath that is passed down from generations anymore. the distress it caused me, i'd never. God, help me in this, i cant turn to anyone else.

No comments: