Friday, February 24, 2012



I cried when I saw this picture. The one thing I really can't stand is to see anyone or any animal hungry. I just can't.


These two pictures made me think of all the things I took for granted. Food and other blessings given by Allah SWT. I admit, I used to throw food away when I don't
feel like eating them. I still do sometimes but I always try to finish what I've started.

I often hear people talking about how this food tastes bad, this chicken is too dry, this cake is too hard or worst "why did they serve so much??!! #T$&@*#!!" - and yeah I do hear that once in a while. I admit, I used to do that too. Until I saw this:

Abu Hurairah (ra) said: "Rasulullah SAW never once spoke ill of a meal. If he liked it, he ate it and if he did not like it, he left it untouched."

It is wrong to talk bad about the food cooked by a person. Imagine how much of effort put in to cook. It may not seem like a big deal but it is still wrong.

Have we ever thought of how much food we've thrown that can be shared to starving children? Better still, have we ever thanked Allah we live in a comfortable country where there are plenty of food to eat? Do you realize while you're happily throwing away food, a starving child or animal would gladly accept your leftover?

"And [remember] when Your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favour]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe' ". " (Surah Ibrahim 14:7)


This is an amazing video btw. Really, it's truly amazing :)

No comments: